The theme for the 20177-2018 is “Celebrating 90 years, planting seeds for the future”
- Landscape renovation of the American Legion Post #5 on Kennedy Boulevard
- Creating a review of our 90 year history to be shown at the Tampa History Museum in 2018 –
- Hosting a speaker on nature photography and offering a prize award competition for middle school and high school students in nature photography
- Continuing work on Fred Ball Park and hoped for extension of sidewalk around the perimeter – a project of Rose Circle
- Continuing work with Tampa Heights Community on its projects to extend the landscape improvement to other sites near the community center and garden – a project of Old Fashioned Garden Circle
- 90th Birthday project to be at the Tampa History Center from Oct. – Dec. 2018
- Butterfly and vegetable gardens at schools and communities throughout the city
- Ecological and horticultural education series of speakers, open to the public, at Tampa Garden Club in the evening starting November 2017 – sponsored by a Louise Lykes Ferguson Education Fund who was a member of Founders Garden Circle
- Donating to Fisher House items needed for the families of Wounded Veterans who are staying there – a TGC project and particularly an Azalea Circle Project
- Continuing to provide a float and volunteers for the Veterans’ Day Parade – a project of Town and Country Circle
- Providing Floral Design and Horticulture classes as well as a Flower Show competition for floral design (led by Old Fashioned members) in conjunction with a garden tour (a project of Rose Circle) in the spring
- Sealing of frontage windows and placing handles on Conservatory doors
- Renovation of the entrance on Rubideaux St. with lighting and new sign, a project of Founders Garden Circle.
- New wifi throughout the building boosts internet use for corporate meetings completed October, 2016.
- Completed installation of gutters at the roof line and repairs to the facade.
- Completed renovation of the ladies room anteroom.
- New air conditioner for ballroom completed June, 2016.
- In 2015 the rest of the ladies room was renovated with new facilities and flooring.Wedding Garden Expansion in the summer of 2014; Seats over 200 guests.
Planned building projects:
- Sanding and sealing of all terrazzo flooring
- Renovation of North Side of building (kitchen, groom’s area, handicap bathroom and caterers’ bathroom) with replacement of air conditioning, ceiling panels, lighting, and cabinetry
- 2 food warmers for the kitchen